11.5" Pencil Barrel with Front Sight Post (FSB), 5.56 NATO
Embrace the retro spirit with this barrel from the land of the free.
- (1) Barrel with FSB (frame only - BYO sight parts and sling mount) pre-installed in 5.56 NATO
- (1) Mil-spec barrel nut pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"-28 threads
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Handguards that use mil-spec barrel nuts
- .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo
What you need to also get:
- (1) front sight post
- (1) front sight point detent
- (1) front sight spring
- (1) delta ring assembly
- (1) carbine-length gas tube
Tools required: To get it installed and working you should have the Armourers tool and a vice block. A snap-ring tool will help reduce the swearing as well for installing the snap-right assembly and the handguard.
You will need a gas tube of the correct length, along with all of the bits required for completing the front sight post assembly. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace so you can continue using your meathooks for whatever you desire.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. To break it in, simply
- Shoot 25-40 rounds
- Clean the bore
- Inspect the gas block to ensure it is still attached securely. Inspect the Bolt for unusual signs of wear.
- Repeat the above steps four more times.
|Product Weight (grams)||727|
|Brand||True North Arms (TNA)|
|Cartridge compatibility||.223 Remington, 5.56×45mm NATO|
|For Receiver Pattern||AR-15|
|Muzzle thread length||5/8"|
|Gas system length||Carbine|
|Gas Block Diameter||0.625"|
|End Cap Shape||Round|