50cal-Style Muzzle Brake
This is a freaking bad-ass looking muzzle device that has an intimidating look to it. It has giant triangular holes on the sides and six holes on the top. This device will blast the majority of the energy out the sides (left and right) with a little gas sent up for recoil control.
- Available for .30cal (5/8" threads) or .22cal (1/2" threads)
- Black anodized aluminum
- Reduces recoil and muzzle rise
- Simple design is easy to clean, a relief for high-volume shooters
- Closed bottom minimizes dirt kick-up when shooting prone
- Weight: 83g
- Dimensions: 72 x 38 x 25.4mm (L x W x H)
- (1) Muzzle brake
- (1) Free jam nut with 3/4" flats
- With any .30 caliber firearm with 5/8x24 threads
- With any .22 caliber firearm with 1/2x28 threads
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Upper or barrel vice, shims or file/sandpaper. You'll need an adjustable wrench for the brake itself, (might want to use a few layer of paper to prevent it from marring the finish) and a 2nd adjustable wrench or 3/4" wrench to torque the jam nut.
- You need to "time" this muzzle device by installing one or two crush washers that will deform as you tighten it to the desired orientation.
- Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: