This is the classic A1 birdcage muzzle device made at an ISO facility that does nothing but firearms parts. Not much else to say; this is designed to hide flash, not reduce recoil. It has six evenly-space slots that allow ambient air to mix with the hot gases, cooling them and thereby reducing the visible flash.
If you want to shoot prone and minimize dust kick-up, you'll want to stick with the A2 flash hider which has a solid bottom.
- Steel construction
- Medium gray colour
- Reduces flash signature
- 6-slot birdcage
- 1/2"-28 threads
- Bored for .22 and 5.56 (and similar size) caliber projectiles
- Weight: 60g-ish
- Dimensions: 45 x 22 x 22mm (L x W x H)
Spare crush washers available here.
- (1) Muzzle device
- (1) Crush washer (not pictured)
- Any .22 caliber firearm (including .223, 5.56, etc) with 1/2x28 muzzle threads (if selected)
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Armourer's wrench, crush washer, and upper receiver vice block or barrel vice
Installation notes: Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: