Adams Arms AR-15 Gas Piston Conversion System
Want to make an love child between a SKS or AK and AR-15? Maybe a threesome? A Commie chick and a 'Merican? Two Commy dudes and a 'Merican? a little of everything?
Well this'll do ya just fine and as a bonus it'll keep the gasses out of your upper.
Match this with a side charger (Bolt carrier will need to be modified) and you'll have some ungodly beast that chews through x39 surplus clean as a whistle.
This system will work with .223/5.56 x 45 mm NATO and can likely be tweaked to work with most any other caliber that you need.
- Patented One-Piece Bolt Carrier
- .750" Picatinny Gas Block with 3 settings (full gas for standard fire, half gas for suppressed, no gas for single shot)
- Gas Plug
- Upper Receiver Bushing
- Bushing Installation Rod
- Bolt Spring
- Drive Rod with Bushing and Spring
- M4 Style Modified Handguards
- Modified Handguard Cap
- Installation DVD
The Adams Arms Piston System:
- A short-stroke free-floating piston system.
- Is self-cleaning.
- Carbon and gases are expelled forward, away from operator.
- Corrosive resistant coating processes.
- Harmonics are not transferred into the barrel.
- Adjustable gas settings for various applications.
- Doesn't vent directly to atmospheric pressure; this eliminates flash signature and super sonic crack which is optimal for night vision and suppresses fire.
This system is intended for barrels with a matching gas system and a .750" diameter gas block seat. Choose the length just like you'd choose a gas tube.
We recommend using a standard barrel nut or barrel nut with similar measurements for proper fit and function of the kit. Many aftermarket proprietary barrel nuts do not offer the clearance for the drive rod or proper seating of the spring and bushing.
- (1) Complete set including everything you need (as pictured) (select gas system length)
- AR-15's with a specific gas tube requirement and 0.750" gas block landing
Tools required: A few, basically everything you'd need to build an upper
Manufacturer's model number: CPS-D-ADA
Specifications (all models)