Anderson 14.5" 5.56×45 M4 Barrel (RF85 Finish) (Pistol-Length Gas System)
Made in 'Merica by our good friends at Anderson machine.
Anderson's RF85 finish is a proprietary technology that deposits calcium atoms into the metal surface, which reduces the friction by 85% (hence the name RF85). This makes cleanup a lot easier and roughly doubles the lifespan of the barrel.
- Chamber: 5.56×45 NATO
- 1:7" twist rate
- For 0.75" gas blocks
- 1/2"-28 muzzle threads
- Anderson's famous RF85 finish
- Button rifled
- Uses a 6.7" Pistol-Length Gas Tube
- Length: 14.5"
- Anderson model # AM-04-14.5-M4-RF
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 810g
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.75" gas blocks
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"-28 threads
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. To break it in, simply
- Shoot 25-40 rounds
- Clean the bore
- Inspect the gas block to ensure it is still attached securely. Inspect the Bolt for unusual signs of wear.
- Repeat the above steps four more times.
Specifications (all models)
|Gas system length||Pistol|