Anderson 20" 5.56 NATO Heavy Barrel With Front Sight Block
The 20″ 5.56 NATO Heavy barrel assembly is the perfect barrel to start your next build and add to your retro collection. Comes assembled with the barrel nut and sight base. Top accuracy and precision for your 5.56 build.
- Chamber: 556 NATO
- 1:9" twist rate
- Front Sight Base is fully installed with pins, sling swivel, sight post and sight detent
- Heavy profile
- 1/2-28 muzzle threads
- 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium steel, parkerized finish
- Button rifled
- Triangular handguard end cap
- Uses a 15.125" RIfle-Length Gas System
- Length: 20"
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 1485g
- (1) Barrel with barrel Extension pre-installed, FBS installed
- (1) Triangular end cap
- (1) Basic barrel nut
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.750" gas blocks
- 1/2-28 Muzzle devices
- Standard BCG carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- Rifle length hand guards (basic or magpul)
- 223 or 5.56 ammo
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. To break it in, simply
- Shoot 25-40 rounds
- Clean the bore
- Inspect the gas block to ensure it is still attached securely. Inspect the Bolt for unusual signs of wear.
- Repeat the above steps four more times.
|Gas system length||Rifle-Length|