- Great price for a chrome-lined gas keyPurchased to complete a stripped chrome-lined bolt carrier. The fit with the carrier was perfect and worked well with the gas key screws, will buy again for future projects.
Anderson Chrome-Lined Gas Key
The Gas Key catches the gas coming through the Gas Tube and transmits the gas force into the rest of the Bolt Carrier Group to cycle your gun. The gas key can be damaged if you drop your entire Bolt Carrier Group on the ground, or if the Gas Tube is too far back. Gas!
- Cast metal construction
- Ready to drop in and go
- Blackened finish
- Chrome-lined for easy cleaning
- Convenient ledge for staking
- Weight: 20g
- One gas key
- All mil-spec gas tubes
- All mil-spec bolt carriers
- All mil-spec gas key screws
Tools required: Screws, hex key for the screws and a staking tool to lock it in place
Installation notes: Typically these are staked into place after the screws are torqued. There is a lot of heat and vibration about to go through this little guy so help make sure he stays firmly secured in place. Removal of the key will damage the staking. For the small price of an essential part, I never reuse a gas key once removed. A fresh key will have virgin staking material for secure fastening.