Anderson Manufacturing 16" 5.56 NATO M4 barrel (RF85 Finish)
The 16″ 5.56 NATO M4 barrel is the perfect barrel to start your next build and add to your AR-15 collection. This barrel is made from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel with a Parkerized finish. Featuring a carbine length gas system with a .750″ gas port and a 1:8 twist, this barrel provides top accuracy and precision for your 5.56 build.
Anderson's RF85 is a proprietary metal surface treatment where calcium atoms are deposited in the material. It is not a coating, it is a treatment that is left permanently in the metal. RF85 reduces friction 85% and wears with the metal. Under heat and pressure the calcium nano particles elongate and form a protective barrier that eliminates the need for lubrication. Experiments show that RF85 makes the barrel last from 1.6x to 2x as many rounds. A side benefit is the treated components can be cleaned much more easily with dish soap and water.
- Chamber: 5.56×45 NATO
- 1:8" twist rate
- For 0.75" gas blocks
- 1/2"-28 muzzle threads
- Anderson's famous RF85 finish
- Button rifled
- Uses a 9.75" Carbine gas tube
- Length: 16"
- Anderson model # AM-04-16M4-1-8-RF
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 830g
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.75" gas blocks
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"-28 threads
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo
NOT Compatible with:
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers WITHOUT M4 feed ramps
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. To break it in, simply
- Shoot 25-40 rounds
- Clean the bore
- Inspect the gas block to ensure it is still attached securely. Inspect the Bolt for unusual signs of wear.
- Repeat the above steps four more times.
|Gas system length||Carbine|