Anderson Manufacturing 18" .223 Wylde Straight-Flute Heavy Barrel
Made in 'Merica by our good friends at Anderson machine. A great choice for longer range shooting. These barrels have great reviews online. (model # AM-04-18-STRAIGHT).
These have the heavy, straight profile where the barrel is 0.98" thick inside the handguard and then 0.75" from the gas block to the muzzle.
- Chamber: 223 Wylde
- 1:8" twist rate
- Straight flutes
- For .750" gas blocks
- 1/2"-28 muzzle threads
- Phosphate finish
- Button Rifling
- Uses a 11.75 inch Midlength gas tube
- Beefy exterior profile
- Made in the USA
- 0.085" gas hole
- Length: 18"
- Weight: 1210g
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.750" gas blocks
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"-28 muzzle threads
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo
NOT Compatible with:
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers WITHOUT M4 feed ramps
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. How to break in your new barrel:
- Clean the bore thoroughly before firing for the first time.
- Fire 5 rounds, then clean the bore.
- Repeat step #2 three more times.
- Check that the gas block is still securely fastened.
- Inspect the bolt for signs of wear.
- Check that your handguard is still nice and tight
- Fire 25 rounds, the clean the bore.
- Repeat step #7 three more times.
mfg part number : AM-04-18-STRAIGHT
|Gas system length||Midlength|