Anderson Manufacturing 24" .223 Wylde Spiral-Flute Heavy Barrel
Made in Merica by our good friends at Anderson machine. These barrels have great reviews online. SKU: AM-04-24SPFL.
A great choice for longer range shooting and a cool spiral flute to boot!
Please note the larger gas block requirement!
- Chamber: 223 wylde
- 1:8" twist rate
- Requires a 0.875" gas block
- 11-degree crown, no muzzle threads!
- Made from 416R stainless steel
- Phosphate finish
- Button Rifling
- Not threaded for a muzzle device
- Uses a 15.125" RIfle-Length Gas Tube
- Beefy exterior profile
- Made in the USA
- Length: 24"
- Weight: 1845g
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.875" gas blocks
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
NOT Compatible with:
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers WITHOUT M4 feed ramps
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. How to break in your new barrel:
- Clean the bore thoroughly before firing for the first time.
- Fire 5 rounds, then clean the bore.
- Repeat step #2 three more times.
- Check that the gas block is still securely fastened.
- Inspect the bolt for signs of wear.
- Check that your handguard is still nice and tight
- Fire 25 rounds, the clean the bore.
- Repeat step #7 three more times.
|Muzzle thread||Not threaded|
|Gas system length||Rifle-Length|
|Gas Block Diameter||0.875"|