- A2 stockI don't have a ton of experience build retro AR's but I was very impressed with the quality of this stock. It is very solid. The trap door is made of metal. Color is maybe just a bit light, making in a medium grey, rather than black. But It didn't bother me.
- Very goodThis is a great stock, it's nice and weighty and doesn't feel toy like as a lot of polymer stocks do. It darkens right up, i used coconut oil to match my fore grip.
My only complaint is that TNA doesn't carry A1 stocks which are better than A2. The A1 got it right, the A2 being slightly longer, you will feel it. They made it a bit too long.
Also it has the proper hole for the cleaning kit, but the door is very tight, i'd suggest making unscrewing it off and moving the button a few hundred times.
Bushmaster A2 Buttstock (Partial Kit)
This is ideal for you retro folk. Classic A2 buttstock to go with...well it's like the black dress of AR's it goes with just about anything. Note this is just the stock, it does not include the tube, buffer spring, etc.
Note it's a gray colour but some folks will rub oil into it to turn it black.
- Secret compartment for snacks or an M4 cleaning kit
- M16A2 style
- 10.5" overall length
- Integral sling loop
- Made in Merica!
- Weight: 353g
- (1) A2 buttstock
You Need To Get:
- (1) A2 buttstock buffer tube kit
- Standard-spec AR-15/M16 lower receivers
- Works with plastic, aluminum and other metal lowers
Tools required: Screw driver, vice block, barrel nut grease won't hurt
Installation notes: not really, just put it together, it kinda only goes one way.
You will also need an A1/A2 buffer tube, spacer, long A2 screw, rifle buffer, and rifle spring to complete your Buttstock