AR-15 Magwell Adapter for SKS V2.01
This is a handy way to add some new value to your SKS in terms of adding a removable box magazine (AR15 pattern) where your duckbill once lived. This is great for faster reloads as a 3 gun beginner or more convenience when removing ammunition from the firearm after a hunting trip. The SKS in our opinion is a hugely undervalued firearm, this little upgrade will essentially give you the functionality of a new $1000 firearm for a few hundred all in (with a bit of elbow grease).
- Anodized aluminum construction
- Oversized mag release button
- Several small changes over previous designs for improved functionality
- Required fitting and modification to your SKS receiver, bolt and trigger group
- Not overly hard to do, just time-consuming
- Allows your SKS to run with AR-15 magazines
- (1) SKS Magwell conversion
- All SKS's when fitted in (a good couple hours of cutting and grinding with a dremel are required)
Tools required: Some method to remove material from your SKS receiver. (Dremmel or milling machine). A file certainly wouldn't hurt. A marker is great to roughin the location of the cut out that you will need to add you your stock
Installation notes: There are a couple good youtube videos out there.