- Non A1/2 buttstock wrenchYa it’s a wrench. No it doesn’t fit A style stocks. Does it work? Like a dream. This thing is heavy and well built. Can take all the abuse you throw at it and ask for more. Had a magpul one on my first build and broke it on a non greased up barrelnut. This wrench took a 18” snipe and breaker bar and snapped that thing free like it was nothing. Thinking about getting another. You want a wrench that works.....but this one.
AR-15/M4 Essential Armourer's Wrench
This specialized tool is designed to perform important screwing jobs when working on your AR-15. (full list at the bottom of this page). Similar to our other wrenches but this tool has only the essential tools you need for an M4-style AR015/M16 -- it does not have the flathead screwdriver for the A1/A2 buttstock screw nor does it have the spanners for old-school castle nuts, which shaves a few grams off its weight. You also get a longer lever arm for the castle nut wrench part of 'er.
(If you don't need to work with barrel nuts, you might get away with using our Basic AR-15 Wrench)
There is a square hole for a 1/2" torque wrench (not included) to get the perfect amount of torque on your barrel nut (though many people use a calibrated wrist).
We also sell barrel nut grease to prevent thread seizing.
- Great if your beefy hands get hurt on the removed screw driver bit
- More beefy (where's the beef at?) than the standard wrench
- Weight: 510g
- AR-15 armourer's multi-tool
- Buffer tubes
- Buttstock castle nuts
- Standard AR-15/M16 barrel nuts
- Pinhole-style AR-15/M16 handguard barrel nuts (usually seen on full-size free-float handguards) but note there is no spanner for the locking ring
- Muzzle devices with 3/4" or 5/8" flats
Not compatible with:
- AR-10- or AR-308-size parts
- Lightweight/low-profile or other handguards that use a special wrench