- Great Novelty GiftThis pen, in my case the mahogany design, is replacing a similarly-priced pen for everyday use. Here's my take on it so far (after less than a day of use):
- Metal seems sturdy enough,
- Hefty for a pen,
- Acts as a pen! Writes as a ballpoint pen typically does; nothing more nothing less,
- Ink cartridge is standard ballpoint, replaceable,
- Comes in velvet-like bag, nice addition.
- Cosmetic issues; 1) Clip on pen (mini rifle, cool choice) is crooked, too thin to fix; 2) Wood has some minor issues with cut (very minor, but notable)
- "Wood" barrel (middle) feels cheap, almost like thicker plastic.
The description on the page doesn't misrepresent the product, it's accurate.
With this, you're obviously paying for the aesthetic design of the pen, not the performance. That being said, I feel that the aesthetics, while creative, could've been better.
I would give this an overall ~3.5, but given the price it doesn't feel right giving it a 4. If it was around $30, this would be a product I'd recommend.
Bolt-Action Pens with Wood Furniture
Perfect gift for the fellow gun lover or yourself. Works well in the gun room, office, or range bag (be wary of borrowers!). Feels heavy and solid in the hand.
Available in Mahogany, Zebrawood, Walnut, or Oak from real whisky barrels.
Whiskey Barrel Oak is the lightest colour with a caramel hue and fine stripes. Zebrawood is slightly darker with thicker dark stripes. Mahogany is... Mahogany coloured. And Walnut is a dark reddish brown.
- Cartridge motif with an imitation primer on the end
- Clip modeled after a 30-06 rifle
- Secure latching bolt-action lever to extend/retract the writing tip
- Black chrome plating
- If you take it to a local engraving shop, the wood engraves very nicely (the metal, not so much)
- Uses Parker or Parker-compatible refills (comes with black installed)
- If you say Mahogany five times, the word loses all meaning
- Made in Maryland USA
- 5.5" long
- Weight: 47g (1.65oz)
- (1) Bolt-action pen with the chosen wood furniture