No butt sock/wrapThis cleaning kit does fit into an A1/A2 butt stock, but doesn't have the correct fabric wrap for it. So you'll have to supply your own.
Other than that, helps keep my gun clean and i feel cool getting the kit from my stock.
Good backup for the range bagBought this out of curiosity, fairly complete kit. quality is okay and should get the job done if I need steel cleaning rods to clear a stuck case.
Military-Style M4 Cleaning Kit
This kit is for the AR enthusiast who likes to do cleaning the old-fashiong way. That is, with a bore brush and a pole with a touch of elbow grease. The kit includes a chamber brush, bore brush, and a fancy toothbrush for your gun teeth. The kit will fit inside an A2 buttstock (without the pouch obviously) if that's your style.
- Field pouch with Velcro pockets and snaps to seriously close everything up
- 5 segment cleaning rod
- One rod has a flip down handle for your cleaning comfort
- Little oil bottle (comes empty)
- Chamber brush with expanded puffy section
- Bore brush
- Small stack of patches
- Weight: 250g
- (1) AR-15/M4/M16/.22 caliber cleaning kit
- .22 caliber bores
- Chambers similar to the .223/5.56 cartridge
- Any firearm meeting the above criteria
Usage notes: Assemble the rod then rock and roll. Add a little oil and or bore cleaner during your various cleaning runs and you'll be golden. Typically we clean the barrel the same direction that the projectile travels. This means taking the upper off, removing the BCG and poking through from where the buffer normally sits. Some people like to use a bore guide to ensure that nothing gets scratched and to help reach through the upper receiver.