Great Dual-Purpose Brake with BFDThe benefits of a good brake are two-fold.
1) Reduce Recoil
2) Piss off people shooting beside you.
Sometimes you only want to do one of those so this brake steps up and answers that need. It's a great brake with a nice lightweight BFD (Blast Forwarding Device). It works great, looks good and is priced right!
Classy Shrouded Muzzle Brake
A more polite and classy muzzle brake, this is a great entry-level shrouded type of brake. The core is a standard muzzle brake to reduce felt recoil, and then if you want to direct gasses and noise away from you and your nearby personnel you can simply screw on the shroud.
- Steel construction
- Shroud is aluminum
- Reduces felt recoil and redirects blast/noise away from you
- Shiny black finish like a tuxedo
- Includes crush washer
- Knurled removable shroud
- Weight: 67g (core) and 37g (shroud)
- Overall Dimensions: Ø33mm diameter × 65mm long
- Brake's outer threads are 13/16-16
- (1) Muzzle device
- (1) Free crush washer
- Any .22/223/5.56 caliber firearm with 1/2-28 threads
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Wrench, crush washer, upper or barrel vice, shims or file/sandpaper
- You need to "time" this muzzle device by installing one or two crush washers that will deform as you tighten it to the desired orientation.
- Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below:
|For muzzle thread||1/2"-28|
|External mounting provision||13/16-16|