Extra-Long 50cal-Style Muzzle Brake
This is a freaking bad-ass looking muzzle device that has an intimidating look to it. It has five giant holes on each side and a bunch on top. This device will blast the majority of the energy out the sides (left and right) with a little gas sent up for recoil control.
- Available for .30cal (5/8" threads) or .22cal (1/2" threads)
- Black anodized aluminum
- Reduces recoil and muzzle rise
- Simple design is easy to clean, a relief for high-volume shooters
- Closed bottom minimizes dirt kick-up when shooting prone
- Weight: 110g
- Dimensions: 100 x 38 x 25.4mm (L x W x H)
- (1) Muzzle brake
- With any .30 caliber firearm with 5/8x24 threads
- With any .22 caliber firearm with 1/2x28 threads
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Upper or barrel vice, shims or file/sandpaper. You'll need an adjustable wrench for the brake itself, (might want to use a few layer of paper to prevent it from marring the finish) and a 2nd adjustable wrench or 3/4" wrench to torque the jam nut.
- You need to "time" this muzzle device by installing a crush washer that will deform as you tighten it to the desired orientation. Alternatively use the jam nut, It'll be easier in the end
- Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: