Great Handguard - Great ValueThis handguard is quite a bit more bulky that any of the Keymod guards on TNA, but if you want attachments, rails and lots of accessories, this will do it. It's super solid and goes on great. It has enough space to comfortably fit a pig inside or even a barrel shroud (fake suppressor) if you're into that sort of thing.
Overall, it's just plain great. It works and the holes are large enough to let your barrel breath - as well as let people take a gander at your Duracoated barrel underneath.
Everything you wantThe kit is complete. There is nothing else to buy... no special lockwasher or funny nuts or anything else, including the allen key.
I like that.
The weight is about what you'd think it would be and forestock (handrail) can be lined up ferfectly with the rail on top of the upper receiver.
No complaints and, after shopping around, a good price.
Outstanding valueSturdy, not too heavy (but substantial enough to feel rugged), rails mate well with flat-top upper receiver rails, fairly easy to install. I like the way it looks - straightforward and functional.
Two very minor quibbles:
Comes slightly different than pictured - I have the 10" which has 10 vent holes per row, picture shows 11.
Does not come with installation instructions. This isn't a big deal, though, because it's reasonably self-evident how the thing goes together and there are loads of YouTube videos about installing similar handguards.
These issues are not enough to detract from the overall fantastic value.
Free-Float Picatinny Quad-Rail Handguard
This is a standard free-floated quad-rail for the AR-15/M-16 platform. It is a free-float design, but a cap (sold separately) may be installed to close the front if your mission requires this.
- Laser-etched location numbers such as 'T16,' 'B6' etc
- Monolithic (1-piece) style
- Includes a special barrel nut for mounting
- Has an overhang to line up with the rail on a flat top upper if you have a bit of patience.
- A standard AR armourer's tool/wrench is required to install the new barrel nut. Tighten to military specification of ~35 foot-pounds.
- Black anodized aluminum
- Inner diameter 44mm
- 4" version - 210g
- 7" version - 342g
- 10" version - 412g
- 12" version - 505g
- 15" version - 645g
- 4" version - 100 x 62 x 62mm
- 7" version - 180 x 62 x 62mm
- 10" version - 257 x 62 x 62mm
- 12" version - 307 x 62 x 62mm
- 15" version - 382 x 62 x 62mm
- Quad rail
- Barrel nut
- Threaded stud for locking the barrel nut
- 4mm hex key
- All AR-15/M16 upper variants that use a standard barrel nut
- All weaver and picatinny accessories
- End caps for 0.750" and 0.936" diameter barrels
Installation Notes: Some fitting might be required due to variance between uppers. Also, it is recommended to tighten the barrel nut between 30-80 foot-pounds of torque.