Issues fixed?I was on the fence about one of these but a possible ban of AR style rifles pushed me to purchase one. So far about 250 rounds through it without issue. Shoots about a 1.5 inch 100 yard 10 shot group in rapid fire. I got model with redesigned bolt and screw in handle. Also has Magpul knockoff stock on it. So far it’s been a fun little gun. I’m on my second after market shell deflector as first one broke but that’s not fault of gun. My brother bought one as well. Get em before ban!
I Bought ThreeI bought 3 of these, one for me and two as gifts. Bottom line...never a problem with them...shot as expected...Canadian made...digested all sorts of ammo...fed with both polymer & metal mags (prefers metal mags). Recall on the BCGs readily fulfilled with a 2 week turnaround for all 3 rifles. Great service with Kodiak arms. Otherwise, fully satisfied. Is it a high end rifle...nope. Is it good for plinking? Yes. Good for garments? Yes. AND IT'S NON-RESTRICTED.
Okay for the PriceMine is a second generation. First impressions were that it was very loosely constructed. There is wiggle between upper and lower receiver. Also 2 screws were loose and 1 screw was cross threaded. So have a very good look at this before taking it to the range. Once on the range it was fine (just over MOA). With a better trigger group, tightened forward pin, and the right ammo it should easily shoot sub-MOA.
Kodiak Defence WK180-C
You've probably seen these floating around on the internet and perhaps at your local range, and have been wondering how to get your hands on one. Well, we've got em!
The WK180-C is designed and manufactured in Canada by Kodiak Defence to provide an affordable, reliable, lightweight rifle for recreational shooting. A hybrid design of the venerable AR-180B and AR-15, this takes the proven operating system of the AR-180B and allows it to accept AR-15 milspec barrel assemblies, handguards, pistol grips and stock assemblies. The upper receiver is finished with a 1913 rail to allow the fitting of optics or iron sights, sights not included. Standard AR15 type magazines are used. The free float railed handguard allows for the attachment of your favorite accessories with M-LOK on the sides and bottom and picatinny top. Don't forget to grab some mags.
- Manufacturer: Kodiak Defence
- Trigger Type: AR-15
- Barrel Specifications: 18.7 inch Chrome Moly. Medium Heavy.
- Gas System: Short Stroke Gas Piston
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider. 1/2 x 28 tpi
- Upper Receiver: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Furniture: Standard M4 A2 pistol grip and CAR stock
- Sights: Not Included
- Finish: Black hard Coat Anodized Class III
- Weight: 7.25 lbs
- Overall Length: 36.7 inches
- Classification: Non-Restricted
- (1) WK-180C fresh from the factory, non-restricted
You need to send us some info before we can ship:
- Your PAL number
- Date of birth (YYYY/MM/DD)
- Whether the purpose is for target shooting or a collector
- Your gun club
- Your birth city
- Picatinny and M-LOK accessories
- 5.56x45 NATO and .223 Remington ammunition
- Firearms enthusiasts
Installation notes: This is a complete firearm, grab some mags and go go go!
WK180-C Product Manual
For those who like tinkering and want to modify their WK-180 such as changing their handguards or barrel, here are some notes:
- the rifle uses a proprietary gas piston system instead of a regular direct impingement gas tube like an AR-15. This means you have to work around this.
- the system is designed around a mid-length gas system, so you'll have to find a barrel that is mid-length in gas and 18.6" in length. We have MRA-sourced barrels just for this purpose here.
- for those looking to change handguards, you have to find a handguard that has an ID of 1.6" (top to bottom) and above to accomodate the gas piston, front plug and block.
OEM handguard and gas block dimensions:
|Product Weight (grams)||3402|
|Compatible with cartridge(s)||.223 Remington, 5.56×45mm NATO|
|Made in Canada||Yes|
|For Receiver Pattern||AR-15|
|Receives accessories||M-LOK, Picatinny|
|Muzzle thread length||5/8"|
|Gas system length||Midlength|
|Gas Block Diameter||0.750"|