The Magpul MOE M-LOK Hand Guard (Magpul Original Equipment) for AR15/M16 rifles combines the light weight of a standard hand guard with modular flexibility.
Designed with versatility in mind, M-LOK slots at the two, six, and ten o'clock positions allow the attachment of optional Picatinny rail sections and other M-LOK accessories for the direct mounting of tactical lights, slings, grips, etc. Reinforced, heat-resistant polymer construction provides operational durability without the weight and expense of an aluminum rail hand guard. Front extensions and lower lip provides additional operator protection from hot front sight assembly.
- Replaces standard plastic M16-type rifle-length hand guards
- Compatible with both 'direct impingement' and most piston-driven gas systems
- Easy to install utilizing existing delta ring and triangular or round front hand guard retaining cap
- M-LOK slots at the two, six, and ten o'clock positions for mounting Picatinny rails or other direct-attach M-LOK accessories
- Reinforced, heat-resistant polymer construction
- Integral riveted aluminum heat shield
- Front lip and side extensions, shields hand from hot gas block
- Relieved area at the top rear accommodates most overhanging optic mounts
- Made in U.S.A.
The MOE Hand Guard – MidLength is a direct replacement for factory-type M16 handguards and uses the existing front hand guard retaining cap and delta ring.
- Weight: 8.7 oz.
- Length, overall: 9.2 in.
- Length, mounting: 8.6 in.
- Height, excluding lip: 2.5 in.
- Width, max: 2.2 in.
- (1) Handguard
- Anything with standard plastic M16-type handguards of the appropriate length
- Mil-Spec delta rings
- Mil-Spec front hand-guard retaining cap (the round one)
Tools required: Nothing really but a hand guard removal tool can be helpful
Installation notes: These are super easy, tweak the delta ring, drop out the old hand-guard, reverse the disassembly to install this new one