Maple Ridge Armoury .223 Wylde 5R Guardian Barrel for WK-180c
A pretty friggin slick barrel from MRA in Barrie, Ontario. Precision CNC machined from 4140 Chromoly-vanadium steel and completely stress-relieved. The bore is honed and hand-lapped to ensure a concentric, uniform, and accurately-sized bore. Rifling is air-gauged to verify concentricity within 0.0005".
This barrel is intended for increasing the accuracy of your WK-180c. The gas system is carbine-length to fit the WK and she's 18.6" long to maintain that non-restricted goodness.
MRA uses an SPR exterior profile with big flutes to achieve an optimal balance between harmonic resistance, heat resistance, and weight savings. The unique deep-cut fluting creates more surface area to improve air cooling and reduce weight without compromising barrel rigidity.
MRA only uses their chamber reamers for about 200 barrels so that you always get a nice smooth finish (see the cutaway picture, it's a stainless barrel but you can see your face in the chamber wall).
- 5R rifling
- Lapped and honed bore to ensure supreme concentricity and smoothness
- QPQ black nItride finish
- The 1:8” twist rate effectively stabilizes projectiles from 55 to 77 grains.
- Should get 1 MOA or better with decent ammo
- Made in Canada
- WK-180c rifles
- AR-15, M16 if you like lots of gas. The barrel has a carbine-length gas system and a larger gas port for the WK-180c's piston system so it is not really ideal for a gas-operated AR
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"-28 muzzle threads
- WK-180c bolt carrier groups (you should verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo
Tools required: To get it installed and working you should have one of our crow's foot wrenches to take off the barrel nut, and a nice stout drift punch to remove the gas block. We also recommend dimpling the barrel to hold the gas block in place (we sell a dimpling tool that makes this super easy) and may require a nice hard drill bit to get into the barrel surface.
Installation notes: Check our instagram feed around Sept 17-24 2018 for some demo videos to see what's involved.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. How to break in your new barrel:
- Clean the bore thoroughly before firing for the first time.
- Fire 5 rounds, then clean the bore.
- Repeat step #2 three more times.
- Check that the gas block is still securely fastened.
- Inspect the bolt for signs of wear.
- Check that your handguard is still nice and tight
- Fire 25 rounds, the clean the bore.
- Repeat step #5 three more times.
Manufacturer part numbers:
|Product Weight (grams)||975|
|Brand||Maple Ridge Armoury|
|Made in Canada||Yes|
|Gas system length||Carbine|
|Gas Block Diameter||0.750"|