Customer Ben Heide in Vulcan, AB had an AR-15 that was great for medium ranges (100-600 metres) but it was too long for CQB and 3-gun. TNA supplied Ben with all parts needed to build a new, much shorter Upper that would be short and easily maneuverable.
First, a before and after shot to compare the new Upper (below) against the original:
Collecting all the Parts:
- North Eastern Arms NEA Slick-Side Stripped Upper
- Simple Competition-Style Muzzle Brake - 1/2-28 paired with a Crush Washer (½-28) in Blued Steel
- Gas Block, Aluminum, Micro-Profile (for 0.75" barrel)
- North Eastern Arms NEA 5.56x45 Heavy Barrels - 12.5"
- Gas Tube - 24.8 cm (9 3/4") (Carbine length)
- AR-15 Charging Handle, Complete (6061-T6 aluminum alloy)
- Bolt Carrier Group acquired elsewhere
Barrel and gas system installed. It's amazing how few parts go into an Upper!
Completed Upper drops right into his existing Lower:
Share this post