308 Barrel Nut Shim
OK so you're playing with your new build and son-of-a-bee-itch. The hand guard don't fit, the barrel nut, she ain't in the right position. That's OK, these little guys will help more things forward a bit properly without the need to Macgyver a solution. Similarly, if you can't get your gas tube through the barrel nut without uncomfortably exceeding the torque specs, try inserting one or more of these until the alignment gets closer to perfect.
- Thickness as chosen
- Shim available in matte black steel
- Weight: 2.6 pixie farts
- (1) barrel nut spacer
- Mil-Spec and aftermarket AR10 barrel nuts
- All AR-10 barrel extensions
- All AR-10 upper receivers
Tools required: Extreme pressure grease, armorers wrench, 1/2" drive torque wrench
Installation notes: Nothing really, just remover the barrel nut and put one or more of these in place between the barrel nut and the rest of the assembly.
If you're trying to time a barrel nut, we did the math based on a standard 18 tooth per inch barrel nut. These are estimates only, real world results may vary depending on planetary alignment:
- 0.3mm shim makes approx a 1/5th of a rotation
- 0.5mm shim makes approx 1/3 a rotation
- 0.9mm shim makes approx 1/2 a rotation
- 1.95mm shim makes approx 1 and a 1/3 rotation