Anderson 16" .223 Wylde 1:8" Lightweight Barrel
Extremely light and typical great Anderson quality. On par with barrels that cost three times as much.
The exterior profile is thinned out as much as possible to save weight without sacrificing performance.
- Chamber: .223 Wylde which is optimized for both .223 Rem and 5.56x45 NATO
- 1:8" twist rate
- For 0.75" gas blocks
- 1/2"-28 muzzle threads
- Phosphate finish
- Button rifled
- Uses a 11.75" Midlength gas tube
- Length: 16"
- Made in 'Murrica
- Anderson model # AM-04-16LWT
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 700g
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.75" gas blocks
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"-28 muzzle threads
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo
NOT Compatible with:
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers WITHOUT M4 feed ramps
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. To break it in, simply
- Shoot 25-40 rounds
- Clean the bore
- Inspect the gas block to ensure it is still attached securely. Inspect the Bolt for unusual signs of wear.
- Repeat the above steps four more times.
Manufacturer SKU: AM-04-16LWT