Anderson 20" 5.56x45 1:9" Heavy Barrel
Made in 'Merica by our good friends at Anderson machine. Amazing accuracy for the money.
- Chamber:5.56×45 NATO
- 1:9" twist rate
- For 0.936" gas blocks
- 11-degree target crown
- Phosphate finish
- 4150 steel
- Button rifled
- Heavy profile
- Uses a 15.125" Rifle-length gas tube
- Length: 20"
- Anderson model # AM-04-20HBAR-.936
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 1775g (3.9 lbs)
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.936" gas blocks
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. To break it in, simply
- Shoot 25-40 rounds
- Clean the bore
- Inspect the gas block to ensure it is still attached securely. Inspect the Bolt for unusual signs of wear.
- Repeat the above steps four more times.