Anderson 24" 5.56 NATO Heavy Spiral Fluted Barrel, Stainless
The 24″ 5.56 NATO Heavy Spiral Fluted barrel is the perfect barrel to start your next build and add to your AM-15 collection. This barrel is made from 416R Stainless Steel with a CNC Machine Polished finish. Featuring a rifle length gas system with a .936″ gas port and a 1:8 twist, this barrel provides top accuracy and precision for your 5.56 NATO build.
- Chamber: 556 NATO
- 1:8" twist rate
- For 0.936" gas blocks
- Heavy spiral flute
- No muzzle threads
- 416R Stainless steel
- Target Crown
- Button rifled
- Uses a 15.125" Rifle gas tube
- Length: 24"
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 1930g
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.936" gas blocks
- No Muzzle devices
- Standard BCG carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
- 223 or 5.56 ammo
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. To break it in, simply
- Shoot 25-40 rounds
- Clean the bore
- Inspect the gas block to ensure it is still attached securely. Inspect the Bolt for unusual signs of wear.
- Repeat the above steps four more times.
MFG part number: AM-04-24SPIRAL