Anderson Manufacturing 20" .308 Heavy HBar Barrel for AR-10
This is a finished AR-10 barrel in 308 Winchester. Made in America by our Friends at Anderson arms. These barrels are getting great reviews online. SKU: AM-04-20-308
Note this will not work on an AR-15 platform ;)
- Chamber: 308 winchester
- 1:10" twist rate
- For 0.750" gas blocks
- 5/8"-24 muzzle threads
- Made from 4150 steel
- Phosphate finish
- Button Rifling
- Uses a 308 Rifle-length gas tube
- Heavy exterior profile (0.88" under the handguard, then 0.75 to the muzzle)
- Made in the USA
- 0.086" gas hole
- Length: 20"
- Weight: 1414g
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-10, stripped uppers
- 0.750" gas blocks
- Muzzle devices with 5/8"-24 muzzle threads
- Standard AR10 bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
NOT Compatible with:
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. How to break in your new barrel:
- Clean the bore thoroughly before firing for the first time.
- Fire 5 rounds, then clean the bore.
- Repeat step #2 three more times.
- Check that the gas block is still securely fastened.
- Inspect the bolt for signs of wear.
- Check that your handguard is still nice and tight
- Fire 25 rounds, the clean the bore.
- Repeat step #7 three more times.