AR-10/AR-15 Free-Float Armourer's Wrench
Not sure which wrench you need? Check out our handy comparison chart.
This specialized tool is designed to perform important screwing jobs when working on your AR-15 or AR-10/AR-308 (full list at the bottom of this page). Tailored for folks who only work with free-float handguards, it saves on size and weight by not having the rippled wrench for basic USGI barrel nuts.
There is a square hole for a 1/2" torque wrench (not included) to get the perfect amount of torque on your barrel nut (though many people use a calibrated wrist).
We also sell barrel nut grease to prevent thread seizing.
- Can open a lobster and/or a mobster like a boss but this is off-label usage
- Weight: 355g
- AR-15/AR-10 armourer's multi-tool
- Buffer tube
- Buttstock castle nut
- Pinhole-style handguard barrel nuts (usually seen on full-size free-float handguards) for both AR-15/M16 and AR-10/AR-308
- Locking rings on AR-15 or AR-10/AR-308 free-float handguards
- Muzzle devices with 3/4" or 5/8" flats
- A2 buffer tubes with the old 3/4" flats
NOT compatible with:
- Standard USGI AR-15/M16 and AR-10/AR-308 barrel nuts
- Lightweight/low-profile or other handguards that use a special wrench