Canadian National Arms (CNA) Barrel 9mm PARA 1:10" (Melonite finish)
TNA is proud to offer the new Canadian National Arms line of barrels. For now the 9mm length choices are limited but soon we will have the full lineup.
Finished with a Quench-Polish-Quench process (sometimes called Melonite or Tufftride) is a special form of nitrocarburizing where the barrel is first carburized, polished, and then post-oxidized. This makes the material extremely hard/resistant to wear and corrosion, and provides some lubricity (self-lubrication).
- Chamber: 9mm PARA
- 1:10" twist rate
- 1/2"-36 muzzle threads
- 4150 Chrome-Moly Vanadium barrel steel
- QPQ Melonite (black nitride) finish inside and out
- Button Rifled
- Pre-finished with a barrel extension
- No gas tube needed
- Straight exterior profile
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 400g for the 7.5 incher
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed (length of your choice)
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"-36 muzzle threads
- Special 9mm BCG
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. How to break in your new barrel:
- Clean the bore thoroughly before firing for the first time.
- Fire 5 rounds, then clean the bore.
- Repeat step #2 three more times.
- Check that the gas block is still securely fastened.
- Inspect the bolt for signs of wear.
- Check that your handguard is still nice and tight
- Fire 25 rounds, the clean the bore.
- Repeat step #7 three more times.