Fake Can/Suppressor (Reverse-Style) - 308 SOCOM Style
This is basically a condom for your barrel. If your AR is going to be sexually active then you need this... Safety first. You can get pregnant or an STI with just one shot.
Seriously though, here's the scoop. It's a shroud that looks like a silencer, your barrel slides in the back and goes all the way to the front where it screws into threads. In this way it makes it look like your barrel is shorter and has a suppressor. Some people have trouble imagining this so I made a drawing:
You'll need at least 60mm of clear barrel behind the thread shoulder for this to fit.
- Billet aluminum construction
- Matte black anodized finish
- Not designed/intended to affect sound or flash
- Slips over the barrel so it does not increase the length
- 5/8-24 threads
- Drilled exterior
- Interior diameter is perfect for sliding over a 0.75" barrel
- One solid piece of aluminum which makes it easy to clean
- 90mm overall length x 38mm diameter
- Weight: 144g
Text printed on the side reads:
- USMC PART No. 11-680-FSCAR-13
- 300 AAC/.308
- SERIAL NO. 1326-NSN-FC-US
Crush washer not included. You can buy one here.
- (1) Fake can
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
- Any barrel with sufficient space between the muzzle and gas system
Tools required: Armourer's wrench, crush washer, and upper receiver vice block or barrel vice, and a strap wrench would help
Installation notes: This muzzle device has a slightly different installation style. It comes with a small sleeve that screws down over your muzzle threads, then you slide the can over the muzzle and tighten down some set screws into a groove in the sleeve. You'll need strong fingers or a strap wrench to install the sleeve.
Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: