Fake Can/Suppressor (Reverse-Style) with Brake
This is basically a condom for your barrel. If your AR is going to be sexually active then you need this... Safety first. You can get pregnant or an STI with just one shot.
Seriously though, here's the scoop. A reverse-style fake can is basically a shroud that looks like a silencer, your barrel slides in the back and goes all the way to the front where it screws into threads. In this way it makes it look like your barrel is much shorter and has a suppressor. Some people have trouble imagining it so I made a drawing:
(The drawing above shows a plain fake can without a brake. Refer to this product photo for what it actually looks like)
You'll need at least 96mm (3.6") of free space behind the muzzle thread shoulder for this product to fit on your barrel.
- Billet aluminum construction
- Matte black anodized finish
- Modeled after a USMC M4 suppressor with some cross-drilled holes for recoil suppression
- Not designed/intended to affect sound or flash
- Slips over the barrel
- Adds about 1.25" of overall length to your gun
- Smooth exterior
- Knurled base
- 5.5" (141mm) overall length × 1.21" (31mm) diameter
- Internal diameter 0.785"
- Threads: 1/2"-28
- Weight: 164g
Crush washer not included. You can buy one here.
- (1) Fake can with brake/compensator
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
- Any barrel with sufficient space between the muzzle and gas system
Tools required: Armourer's wrench, crush washer, and upper receiver vice block or barrel vice
Installation notes: Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: