Gas Ring (One-Piece Style)
Designed to create some resistance (gas seal) between the bolt and bolt carrier. May impart magical powers to the bolt but results will vary. This style of ring is one piece of metal that coils around a few times like a keychain ring. If the split-style rings make you feel you're not getting a good enough seal, this one-piece ring is the way to go.
- Metal construction
- Ready to drop in and go
- Weight: 2 pixie sneezes
- One gas ring coil
- Mil-spec AR-15 bolts and bolt carriers
Tools required: Slot screw driver and or dental pick if you are very careful.
Do I need new gas rings? Use the gas ring test:
- Starting with a removed BGC,
- Rotate/extend your bolt out of the carrier all the way (as if its locked in the chamber).
- Stand the BCG, bolt down, on a flat surface. Let go so the Carrier is pulled down by gravity.
- If the bolt collapses into the carrier under the weight then you need new gas rings. If it just sits there at attention, throw her back in the upper and get shooting!
- Strip the BCG down to base components.
- Stick the bolt into the carrier and turn it so gravity is trying to pull the bolt out.
- If the bolt falls out, the rings are pooched. If not, keep cracking!