Go/No-Go Gauges Clymer
If you are doing any sort of build you really should check and verify the headspace before you go to the range. Enter Cylmer Head space gauges.
We realize most folks are reluctant to buy an expensive tool to use it only once or twice so this is a rental program. Simply buy the gauges, use them (please try to be done in a week or so) and return them and we will refund you the price less a $20 rental fee.
You simply put this gauge in your chamber and close the bolt (action). Everything should lock up around the Go gauge. The bolt should fail to lock up around the NO GO gauge. If she doesn't close up on the GO gauge your bolt/chamber combo is too small. If she does close up around the NO GO gauge your bolt/chamber combo is too big.
The first this you do in one of these bad situations is do not fire the gun! Flag the build with a snag tag so that no one else uses it.
Either start swapping our bolts till you find a combination where the accumulation of manufacturing tolerances are in spec or take your build to a gunsmith to have the headspace fixed.
- Precision ground (so don't bang them around or you'll ruin them)
- Both the Go and NO Go Gauges come together
- Tells you if your build is safe to shoot
- This is essentially a rental program, return the gauges when you're done to get a refund less a $20 rental fee, so long as the condition is still good
- Please use them then send back within a week or so
If it shows as out of stock, that means it is currently rented out to someone. Simply click the red "Notify Me" box and enter your email to get instantly notified as soon as your desired gauge comes back.
- (1) set of go/ no go gauges
- Specific chambers and bolt combinations
Installation notes: Simply put this gauge in your chamber and close the bolt (action). Everything should lock up around the Go gauge. The bolt should fail to lock up around the NO GO gauge.