North Eastern Arms (NEA) Muzzle Brake (1/2-28)
This is a classic and simple muzzle device. It has two angled slots in the sides and one straight-through. This device will blast the majority of the energy out the sides (left and right) and the slots are cut in such a way to redirect some of the impulse upwards to reduce muzzle rise.
It's kinda like our competition muzzle devices but doesn't have the top holes.
This is a semi-clearance item, it has been discontinued by NEA, that's why the price might seem low for a brand-name product.
- For .22 / 223 / 5.56 cal (1/2"-28 threads)
- Steel construction
- Reduces recoil and muzzle rise
- The simple design is easy to clean, a relief for high-volume shooters
- Closed bottom minimizes dirt kick-up when shooting prone
- Crush washer sold separately
- Weight: 106g
- Dimensions: Ø7/8" diameter × 2.4" length
- (1) Muzzle device
- Any .22 caliber firearm with 1/2x28 threads
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Upper or barrel vice, wrench or armourer's wrench for 3/4"
- You need to "time" this muzzle device by installing one or two crush washers that will deform as you tighten it to the desired orientation.
- Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: