North Eastern Arms NEA 5.56x45 Heavy Barrel
These barrels bores have received proprietary ARC + processing, an advanced form of nitro-carburizing. This provides superior corrosion resistance, durability adding to the longevity of the barrel. The barrels come with a 5.56x45 NATO chamber which is different than .223, but .223 ammo will work just darn diggity.
- 5 barrel lengths to choose from in this caliber (5.56x45 NATO)
- ARC+ finish on bore for extended service life
- Button-Cut Polygonal Rifling
- Medium Profile
- Black Nitride Coated
- High Pressure Tested (HPT)
- Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI)
- 1/2" × 28 muzzle threads
- 1:7 twist
- 100% made in Canada
- Barrel Extension comes pre-installed
- No ITAR restrictions
- 7.5" – 495g
- 10.5" – 697g
- 12.5" – 792g
- 14.5" – 925g
- 18" – 1096g
Find your Gas Tube here:
- 7.5" barrel – 6.7" (Pistol Length) Gas Tube
- 10.5" barrel – 9 ¾" (Carbine Length) Gas Tube
- 12.5" barrel – 9 ¾" (Carbine Length) Gas Tube
- 14.5" barrel – 11 ¾” (Mid-Length) Gas Tube
- 18" barrel – 11 ¾” (Mid-Length) Gas Tube
- One barrel with Barrel Extension pre-installed
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers
- 0.750" gas blocks
- Muzzle devices with 1/2"x28 muzzle threads
- Standard bolt carrier groups (you need to verify headspace to be safe)
- Mil-spec barrel nuts (OEM and free-float grip nuts)
NOT Compatible with:
- AR-15, M16 stripped uppers WITHOUT M4 feed ramps
Installation notes: You will need a gas tube of the correct length. Besides that, Youtube is your friend, and it is highly recommended to check the headspace.
These barrels should be broken in. Doing so will help your barrel perform consistently over its lifespan. How to break in your new NEA barrel:
- Clean the bore thoroughly before firing for the first time.
- Fire 5 rounds, then clean the bore.
- Repeat step #2 three more times.
- Check that the gas block is still securely fastened.
- Inspect the bolt for signs of wear.
- Check that your handguard is still nice and tight
- Fire 25 rounds, the clean the bore.
- Repeat step #7 three more times.