Front Sight for Picatinny Rail or Gas Block
Nothing fancy here, just a front sight that mounts to a picatinny rail.
If you're putting this on a long handguard or other rail that is in-line with your Flat-Top Upper Receiver's picatinny rail then you'll want the Short sight. This is the same height as most back-up iron sights.
If you've got a gas block with a picatinny rail that is lower than the rail on your flat-top upper (usually about 0.22" lower, or 0.9" over the barrel bore centre), you'll want the Tall sight to compensate for the lower picatinny rail.
- Cast steel
- Adjustable elevation with the standard AR-15 sight tool
- Weight: 77g
- Dimensions: 35 x 46 x 53mm (L x W x H) (Tall) or 35 x 46 x 46mm (Short)
- (1) Picatinny/weaver front sight of the chosen size
- Weaver and Picatinny rails (quad rails, clamp on rails, gas block rails)
- Carry handle-style rear sights
Tools required: Meaty fingers or possibly a flat head screw driver. I'd just use my hands to prevent over-tightening.
Notes: For reference, the Tall sight has the sight deck about 1.35" over the pic rail. The Short sight, it's about 1.13".