Refined Spiked Muzzle Device
I don't know what to call this thing. It's not a phantom, it's not a seriously spiked beast.... Ah lets call it the poltergeist device. It's kinda like our spiked device however the spikes are more refined and there is a tiny flat to be timed to the bottom for a bit of help with dust kick-up.
It's a hexagon and the chamber is blocked on two opposite sides and is open on the other four sides
- Blackened steel construction
- Reduce recoil and muzzle rise
- Helps to hide the flash a touch
- For .22 calibres such as .223, 5.56, etc
- Wrench span is 17mm
- Dimensions: Ø22 × 65mm (diameter × length)
- Weight: 80g
- For .30 calibres such as 300 BLK, 7.62x39, .308, etc
- Dimensions: Ø25 × 65mm (diameter × length)
- Weight: 96g
- (1) Muzzle brake
- (1) Crush washer (not shown)
- Threaded barrels of the appropriate size thread and calibre as outlined above
Tools required: strap wrench if you're going by the book, but many folks will use a dowel or another stick through the chamber. Upper Vice Block would help but is not mandatory.
- You need to "time" this muzzle device. That means file the shoulder or add spacers so that when tightened, the ports line up properly. Due to the vast number of barrel manufactures, it's not possible for everything to fit perfectly timed all the time.
- Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: