A1-Style Birdcage Flash Hider (6 Slots)
This is the classic A1 birdcage muzzle device made at an ISO facility that does nothing but firearms parts. Not much else to say; this is designed to hide flash, not reduce recoil. It has 6 evenly-space slots that allow ambient air to mix with the hot gases, cooling them and thereby reducing the visible flash.
If you want to shoot prone and minimize dust kick-up, you'll want to stick with the A2 flash hider which has a solid bottom.
- Steel construction
- Medium gray finish
- Reduces flash signature
- 6-slot birdcage
- Available in both 1/2"-28 and 5/8"-24 thread sizes for .22 and .30 caliber barrels
- Weight: 60g-ish
- Dimensions: 45 x 22 x 22mm (L x W x H)
Spare crush washers available here.
- (1) Muzzle device
- (1) Crush washer (not pictured)
- Any .22 caliber firearm (including .223, 5.56, etc) with 1/2x28 muzzle threads (if selected)
- Any .30 caliber firearm (including .308, 7.62, etc) with 5/8x24 muzzle threads (if selected)
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Armourer's wrench, crush washer, and upper receiver vice block or barrel vice
Installation notes: Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: