A2-Style Birdcage Flash Hider
This is the classic A2 birdcage muzzle device made at an ISO facility that does nothing but firearms parts. Not much else to say; this is designed to hide flash, not reduce recoil.
The bottom area is solid to reduce dust kick-up when shooting prone. If you want a really old-school look and don't plan to shoot prone, you might be interested in the A1 version that has 6 slots evenly spaced all around.
- Steel construction
- Reduces flash signature
- Medium gray finish
- 5-slot bird-cage
- Available in both 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 thread sized for 22 and 30 caliber applications
- Weight: 60g
- Dimensions: 45 x 22 x 22mm (L x W x H)
Spare crush washers available here.
- (1) Muzzle device
- (1) Crush washer (not pictured)
- Any 22 caliber firearm with 1/2x28 muzzle threads (if selected)
- Any 30 caliber firearm with 5/8x24 muzzle threads (if selected)
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Armourer's wrench, crush washer, and upper receiver vice block or barrel vice
Installation notes: Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: