- Butterfly Ambi Charging HandleFirst impression: nice finish, well made, almost identical to the Raptor ambi charging handle less the markings.
Function: fits ok with just a little bit of play back & forth because the charging handle spring is not that strong to provide positive latch.
The noticeable difference between the original Raptor and the "butterfly" version is: when you pull the left side handle on the Raptor the right side handle also moves and vice versa; however with this "butterfly" version, when you pull the left side handle, the right side won't move but when you pull on the right side handle, the left side handle moves (or disengage from the latch notch).
Despite of the difference, this "butterfly" works exactly the same way the Raptor does.
I would buy it again if I have another build but I would rate it 3.5/5.
BTW, great customer service from TNA.
- Best Value Ambi Charging HandleFirst off, the price of this one, compared to a standard Raptor style charging handle from Rainer, AXTS or others is literally more than half price so that's awesome.
For what it is, it works a treat! Also stands up to abuse - had to extract a round that just wouldn't come out and whacked it multiple times against the bench - the round came out and the charging handle didn't even have a scratch on it.
Finish is great, fit is mostly good - little wobbly when pulled all the way out but who cares. Totally worth it.
- Awesome!Glad I got this as a Secret Santa/Sniper gift! Works awesome and I love the way it looks.
Butterfly Ambi Charging Handle
This is another interesting product inspired by a pricey name brand charging handle. This looks and functions mighty similarly to other name brand ambidextrous charging handles at a fraction of the cost. It is about the same weight as a normal Mil-Spec charging handle. The tab on the right side of the handle is connected to the left tab by a linkage so that the move together. You can pull either the right or left tab to unlatch the handle.
To keep it moving smoothly, we recommend putting some oil on the moving parts occasionally. The finish of the left and right side sometimes causes a friction. Oil her up and there are no problems.
- Aluminum construction
- Anodized finish
- Ambidextrous functionality
- Available in Black, Red or Blue
- (1) Butterfly charging handle in the colour of your choice
- All Mil-Spec BCG
- All mil Spec uppers
Tools required: Zip
Installation notes: Drops right in. I like to oil the moving parts a bit before I install these, they take a while to really break in.