Gas Key Screw, Threadlocking
Similar to our standard Gas Key Screws, except the threads have been painted with a thread-locking goo that resists loosening from vibration. The compound is not permanent. Although you can re-use it, the holding power will reduce each time you unscrew it and reinstall.
These screws have class '3A' threads, which means the screw fits very tightly to the inside of the hole with minimal slop. Ordinary screws that you find at the hardware store are almost always the looser/sloppier '2A' class. That means these screws will locate themselves in your Bolt Carrier with dead-on-balls precision.
- Super precise Class 3A thread tolerance
- Nylon thread-locking compound rated for temperatures from –70° to 250° F
- These are the more common size #8
Black Steel version:
- Black-Oxide Alloy Steel
- Rockwell hardness C37
- Tensile strength 170,000psi
- Weight: 1.44g
- 18-8 Stainless Steel (also known as 304)
- Rockwell hardness B70
- Tensile strength 70,000psi
- Weight: 1.36g
- (1) Threadlocking gas key screw of the chosen material
- AR-15 or M16 Bolt Carrier Groups
Tools required: 9/64" or 3.5mm hex key
Installation notes: These are little guys so don't over tighten them. I aim for 49-52 inch pounds. If you're a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy/gal you might stake the screws in place, after you have confirmed that the Gas Key is aligned well with the Gas Tube.