Gas Key Screw, Titanium
If you want only the best you can outfit your BCG with Titanium gas key screws. Over the top? Maybe, but you need a little excess once in a while.
- Grade 2 Titanium
- 40% lighter than Grade 2 steel of similar strength
- Resists corrosion from saltwater, acids
- Hardness: Rockwell B80 (that's a good number for us non-engineering folk)
- Tensile Strength 50,000 psi
- These are the more common size #8
- Weight: 0.8g
- (1) Titanium Gas Key Screw
- Probably best to avoid chlorinated solvents such as brake cleaner, use alcohol instead
Tools required: 9/64" or 3.5mm hex key
Installation notes: Torque it in, then stake it in!
These are little guys so don't over tighten them. I aim for 49-52 inch pounds. If you're a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy/gal you might stake the screws in place, after you have confirmed that the Gas Key is aligned well with the Gas Tube.