Good productWorks great, matched up nicely with my stripped carrier. After staking they are going nowhere. will buy again for future builds.
stake the boltsWork fine but 25k per Sq in of gas will loosen them. Stake them.
Gas Key Screw
These socket head cap screws hold the Gas Key in place. These are pretty important parts that you may want to stake in place to prevent loosening. Some people will seal the screws in place with gasket-seal compound or a low-strength threadlocker such as Red or Black Loc-Tite.
We sourced screws with class '3A' threads, which means the screw fits very tightly to the inside of the hole with minimal slop. Ordinary screws that you find at the hardware store are almost always the looser/sloppier '2A' class. That means these screws will locate themselves in your Bolt Carrier with dead-on-balls precision.
- Ready to screw in and go
- Stronger than Grade 8 steel, minimum tensile strength of 170,000 psi. Translation: strong as f***
- Minimum Rockwell hardness of C37
- Meets ASTM A574 standards
- Heat-treated for hardness, which causes the black colour
- These are the more common size #8
- Weight: 1.35g
- One screw (2 are needed in total)
- All mil-spec gas keys
- All mil-spec bolt carriers
Tools required: 9/64" or 3.5mm hex key
Installation notes: These are little guys so don't over tighten them. I aim for 49-52 inch pounds. Some folks like to seal these screws in place, as described above, after you have confirmed that it is aligned well with the Gas Tube.