- SOLID LOCKThis buttstock is a massive improvement on the standard collapsible ones included on most rifles. The locking lever takes all movement out of the buffer tube stock slide. Really nice piece.
- I Like It!picked up one of these in FDE for my DMR build as i wanted a stock that was a big bigger than the normal ones for distance shooting.
really like it!
super solid lock up.
only thing i dont like about it is the FDE color is a little off from the NEA FDE color.
im finding that to be true for all Magpul stuff in FDE - not an exact match for NEA FDE.
not Magpuls fault, stock is excellent!
Magpul MAG470 STR Carbine Stock (Mil-Spec)
The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR-15/M4 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design.
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.* The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30" thick rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine buffer tube
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock; each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP, ASAP QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Rear – Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5" push-button QD swivels (swivel not included)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25" sling loops
- STR Carbine Stock, Mil-Spec
- Weight: 12.3 oz.
- Length, max: 7.3 in.
- Width, max: 2.6 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.3 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: ~10.9 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: ~14.2 in.
- * Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
- ** Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer."
- (1) Buttstock
- Mil-spec buffer tubes
- Magpul ASAP, ASAP QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
Tools required: none
Installation notes: none