Nice but...Not a nice butt... Nice, but... On my particular build, it tended to rub on the upper. Being that I have a maple ridge upper and that they're beautiful, I didn't want to cause anymore rub marks than I already did. I took it off but will use in the future on another build.
One handed manipulationThis is one of those innovation where why didn't they include it in all ARs as standard feature.
Now you can actually lock the bolt back or send the bolt home without moving your fire control hand off the grip.
This is a better design than Tactical Link or any other manufactures. It is bendable-ish to be re-contour so that it fits ALL AR lowers. It fitted on my Noveske lower with just a slight re-forming.
Handy product from MagpulWorks as advertised. Have to be careful when setting the rifle down if your range has rules regarding the bolt being open when the rifle is not in use.
Magpul MAG980 B.A.D. Lever (Battery Assist Device) Ambi Bolt Release
Designed to considerably improve the speed and efficiency of the AR15/M16 bolt catch, the B.A.D. Lever quickly addresses reloading and malfunction clearance shortcomings of AR15/M16 platforms by extending a paddle to the right side of the weapon, allowing manipulation of the bolt stop from the fire control/ready position with the right-hand trigger finger.
Made from milspec-anodized aluminum, the B.A.D. Lever attaches to the standard AR15/M16 bolt release without permanent modification to the weapon. Functional for both left and right-handed shooters, the B.A.D. Lever also allows traditional bolt catch manipulation according to the AR15/M16 manual of arms. All mounting hardware included.
- Compatible with standard mil-spec forged AR15/M16 receivers*
- Thin, anti-snag profile and textured surface still allows for traditional manipulation of the bolt catch while maintaining unobstructed access to the trigger
- Attaches to the existing bolt catch paddle via one screw (hex key inlcuded)
- Machined from durable billet 6061-T6 aluminum
- Finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing with manganese phosphate on the screw per MIL-DTL-16232G
- Torx® mounting screw with Nyloc® Blue patch prevents back out under recoil (Torx wrench included)
- Made in U.S.A.
- (1) Ambi Bolt Release Lever MAG980-BLK
- All mounting hardware and a hex key for installation
- Most AR-15/M16 lower receivers
- NOT compatible with 7.62x51 (.308 Winchester) firearms as well as most AR15 billet or polymer lower and upper receivers due to their larger and/or non-standard dimensions (including the S&W Magpul Spec Series™ lowers).
Tools required: hex key (included)
Installation notes: none
Manufacturer's model number: MAG980-BLK