- Does what it's supposed toPerfect fit in the Aero Precision M4E1 lower that is pre-tapped for the takedown pin detent retention mod. Requires a 0.050" allen wrench which most sets won't have.
- Used on my S&W MP15Works well and no more worries about the take down pin and spring. I cut about 3/8" from the spring to get a good pressure on the pin.
- Worked nicelyDid it to my Armalite / Eagle Arms receiver
Set Screws for Takedown Pin Detent Retention Mod
The Takedown Pin Detent & Detent Spring can easily slip out from under the End Plate and launch across the room when installing or changing the buttstock. You can stop this from happening simply by tapping (making threads in) the hole, and installing a set screw behind the Detent Spring. The set screw will hold the detent spring in place even if the buttstock/end plate is loose or not present. This makes installing the buttstock a little easier and a piece of cake if you ever want to change the end plate.
These are the set screws that you need for the mod.
You'll also need a 4-40 UNC tap and a tap handle, and maybe you have those already. If not, we sell a complete kit that has all the bits you need.
- (1) 4-40 UNC set screw, cup point
- AR-15, AR-10, M16, M4 Lower Receivers
Tools required: A vice block to hold the Lower Receiver will make the job easier. Also you'll need a 50 thou hex key to install the set screw... we'll have those in stock soon
Installation notes: When tapping the hole, take care to keep the tap straight into the hole, and you can't go in all at once, you have to turn 1/2" turn forward, then 1/4" turn back, and repeat. This helps break up and clear the metal chips out.