Stainless A2-Style Birdcage Flash Hider (5 Slots)
This is the classic A2 birdcage muzzle device made in Stainless Steel. Not much else to say; this is designed to hide flash, not reduce recoil.
The bottom area is solid to reduce dust kick-up when shooting prone. If you want a really old-school look and don't plan to shoot prone, you might be interested in the A1 version that has 6 slots evenly spaced all around.
- Stainless steel construction
- Reduces flash signature
- 5-slot birdcage
- Available in both 1/2"-28 and 5/8"-24 thread sized for 22 and 30 caliber applications
- Weight: 60g (5/8" version) or 51g (1/2" version)
- Dimensions: Ø22 x 45mm (diameter × length)
Spare crush washers available here.
- (1) Muzzle device
- (1) Crush washer
- Any 22 caliber firearm with 1/2x28 muzzle threads (if selected)
- Any 30 caliber firearm with 5/8x24 muzzle threads (if selected)
- Stainless and blued steel barrels
Tools required: Armourer's wrench (or any ¾” wrench) and Upper Vice Block or barrel vice
Installation notes: This device requires 'timing' i.e. when it's all tightened in place, the solid side of the flash hider should face downward to minimize dust kick-up when shooting prone (and if the solid side was not on the bottom it would just look weird). Timing can be achieved by luck, by crushing the crush washer, and/or using shims or filing down the flash hider itself.
Remember to orient the crush washer with the tapered side towards the gun, as shown in the diagram below: